RYZE Live Showcase II Saturday Notes
With the amount of talent at the LakePoint Champions Center for the second installment of the RYZE Live Showcase, it's no surprise that there is a lot to process to recap the day. Here are some of the notes from the notebook, which was full from the day's action:
- Anthony Morrow Elite 2023 PG Jaylen Curry (Pictured) stole the show for me. He led all players in scoring at over 30 points per game and did it with an excitement and creating a lot of buzz. Our staff compared him to former Georgia and All-SEC guard JJ Frazier.
- Not many more players in the southeast have improved their stock more than Atlanta Timberwolves 2022 forward Aidan Hadaway. He's been a top performer every event with us this spring, and he's trending towards that this weekend as well. He does so much to impact the game and single handedly took over to nearly lift the Timberwolves to a comeback against Team Huncho. He's a no-brainer high major prospect in my mind.
- SEBA 2022 guard Cayden Charles has thrown himself onto a lot of radars this month. He lifted SEBA to an upset first round win over Game Elite and is a true two way player. He has a knack for creating turnovers on defense and converting it into offense. He has great instincts and makes good reads. Division II and low major Division I schools will want to see him next month.
- Team Huncho 2022 big man Malique Ewin look every bit of the four-star prospect that he is. His motor was running hot, and when you combine that with his elite skill level and size, he's a special player.
- Fresh off of his first Division I offer from Navy, AC Georgia 2022 wing Josh Fulton continued his high level play. He's an athletic shot maker and will be a very popular name among Division I coaching staffs next month.
- Georgia Stars 2023 guard Paul Mathis Djobet might have the highest ceiling of any player in the field. The France native is extremely long and versatile at 6-foot-5 and is very crafty off the bounce and can make shots. He will be a very notable name in Georgia very soon.
- AOT & Cumberland Christian 2023 duo Jelani Hamilton and Gora Niang are a lot of fun to watch. Hamilton has a really good combination of size and skill as a 6-foot-5 combo guard and can really score the ball. Niang is a 6-foot-7 forward who is relentless on the glass and provides big time energy.
- Team Speights AL 2022 wing Colby McAllister was one of the best shooters that I saw today. He showed the ability to take over a game offensively and convert on tough jumpers. He was very impressive in a 29-point performance against Team Forrest.
- Atlanta Timberwolves 2024 guard Luke Flynn continues to show that he will be one of the Peach State's best guards in 2024. He has a maturity to his game that you don't often see from a young guard and has the ability to score it from every level and create for teammates. He's consistently been a top scorer and performer with us this spring.
- I really like the skill level of Team Huncho 2024 guard CJ Hyland. He has a well-rounded offensive game with good speed, quickness, and burst. As he continues to grow and develop, he will be a name to keep track of in 2024. - When Newnan Elite 2023 guard Austen Colton takes the floor, he's seemingly always good for 20 points. He's a high level shooter and knows how to create for himself and score the ball.
- Team Synergy's 16U group will be a threat to take home a Platinum championship tomorrow. They are a balanced group that can really shoot the ball from three. They are led by 2024 PG Delani Hammonds, who is extremely difficult to stay in front of. He's a very good creator and lead guard.