GBCA Team Camp: Friday Notes
Finally! The first live event in almost two years is here, and college coaches from all over the country have come to the LakePoint Champions Center for the GBCA team camp to watch high school teams from the southeast competing at a high level. Here are some notes from the day:
- We all know that Josh Reed will be the man at Pace Academy this year, and he's consistently been one of the best players in the southeast this spring. However, the young players at Pace Academy showed that the future is bright for the Knights. 2025 forward Bryson Tiller (Pictured) will be a name to remember in Georgia for the coming years. At a strongly built 6-foot-7, he's very mobile and highly athletic with a good skill set to match. He had a number of good finishes through contact. Along with him is 2024 point guard KJ Greene, who has the reins to the Pace offense. He's a great decision maker and a high level playmaker and is a good addition to Georgia's 2024 class.
- River Ridge 2022 center Braden Pierce was one of the most popular prospects among college coaches of all levels. The 7-footer has made huge strides in his game and is playing more confident than ever and it's doing wonders for his game. If he continues to play aggressively and show his skill set like he did today, he will likely leave the camp with more offers.
- LaFayette 2022 wing/forward Aidan Hadaway continues to show he is one of the best players in Georgia's 2022 class. He had two huge performances with high-major and mid-major coaches in attendance, including Georgia & Georgia Tech. He has a great all-around skill set and is developing into what a high-level college wing looks like at a versatile 6-foot-7. More high major schools are expected in to see him this weekend.
- High Major coaches were all over McGill-Toolen (AL) 2022 guard Barry Dunning. At a long 6-foot-6, he has prototypical size for a high-major wing, and he was in attack mode all day, getting downhill and scoring the ball off the dribble. He also has elite defensive abilities, with his length giving him the ability to disrupt plays and create deflections and turnovers. Auburn, Memphis, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Alabama are among the programs in on him.
- Mid Major & Low Major programs will want to watch Milton 2022 wing Cam Walker. He has flown under the radar, but he is one of the unsung heroes for Milton on both ends of the floor. He's been good all spring knocking down shots and did more of that today. However, his energy and toughness are what he hangs his hat on. At 6-foot-4, he's a great multi-positional defender and will be able to help out any college program from day one with his defense and energy.
- Buford 2022 wing Jaylon Taylor was very good scoring the ball today. He consistently found his way to the paint and converted efficiently. At 6-foot-7 with great versatility and athleticism, it won't be surprising to see his recruitment tick up after this weekend.
- Galloway School 2022 guard Anthony Arrington was one of the more popular prospects among mid-major programs today. At 6-foot-2 with the ability to play both backcourt spots, he showed a do-everything type of game and brought the high activity level as he always does. Look for his recruitment to pick up as he performed at a high level in front of a number of programs today.
- Spencer has a really good sleeper in 2023 wing/forward Tycen McDaniels. 6-foot-6 and highly athletic, he has a developing perimeter skill set that will be fun to watch as he continues his development. He shows great flashes and as he puts all the pieces together, he could become a big name down in Columbus.