With a lot of catching up to do, college coaches returned for Day Two of the live period and GBCA Team Camp. It was a day packed full of great play from high school teams from Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. Here are a few notes from the day:
- The high point of the day definitely revolved around all of the talent that occupies the floor for Milton. While the frontcourt projects to be one of the state's best, the Eagles' balanced backcourt showed out today and will be one of the nation's best. All of these pieces fit together extremely well. Ohio State commit Bruce Thornton runs the show and makes all the right decisions. 2023 five-star guard Kanaan Carlyle & 2022 guard Chase Cormier provide huge scoring and shooting punch, both hitting five threes in a win over OCP. 2022 wing Cam Walker brings a ton of toughness and energy and with the defensive abilities of Walker, Thornton, and Carlyle, this group looks poised to be one of the nation's best.
- Buford 2022 wing Jaylon Taylor (Pictured) continues to show his value and had some buzz on the sidelines with college coaches. At a long 6-foot-7, he brought a ton of energy, athleticism, and versatility and showed that his ceiling is extremely high. He was electric in the open floor, connecting on some huge dunks.
- Not many players have helped themselves this weekend more than Orlando Christian Prep (FL) shooting guard AJ Brown. He has shown a very complete offensive game that starts with his ability to knock down perimeter shots. He also employs pull up jumpers and can get all the way to the rim and finish with contact. His ability to score the ball from every level has drawn him a lot of attention this weekend. Penn State, Penn, Drake, Buffalo, Ohio, Yale, Temple, and Georgia State are all currently in on him.
- Galloway School 2022 combo guard Anthony Arrington will be a very popular prospect over the next few months. He turned in two more performances today that showed why he is so recruitable, going for 25 points in a win over Collins Hill and 23 points in a win over Peachtree Ridge. He's been one of the most talked about players among coaches this weekend.
- Putnam County 2023 combo guard Eren Banks continues to show a great ability to score. He has big time instincts and a knack for finding his spots. He can create well for himself and score the ball with jumpers and floaters off the dribble. He changes speeds very well and can beat primary defenders off the bounce with a good burst of quickness. He is Middle Georgia's next good bucket getter. Coastal Carolina offered today after his first game.
- East Coweta 2022 wing Sammy Moss had one of the performances of the day in a win over Choctaw (FL). He went for 39 points and shot the ball well from three and in the midrange. His energy also creates opportunities for him in the open floor. When he gets cooking, he is a very prolific scorer, and he looked very good today.
- Sparkman (AL) 2022 guard Calen Lightford has had a fantastic weekend shooting the ball from three. He's made three or more threes in every game, including six triples in a win over Kell. Combine that ability to hit shots with his quickness off the dribble and creative playmaking ability and you get a very recruitable point guard prospect. Alabama State, Detroit, and Flagler have all offered, but expect more teams to join the mix.
- Jonesboro 2023 wing Devon Rainey might have been the best sleeper of the day. Saying that he plays with high motor is an absolute understatement. He's always got his foot on the gas, gets to every 50/50 ball, and plays very fast. He's got good size and length on the wing at 6-foot-4 and has shown he can make athletic finishes around the rim as well as step out and connect consistently on perimeter jumpers.